Developing Mobile Applications
for All Platforms
Mobile apps have become an integral part of our everyday lives. They make things easier for us not only at work, but also at home and everywhere else. They entertain us, help us learn new stuff, allow us to look up transport connections and remember things for us. In short, they are present in almost every area of our day-to-day experience. Obviously, this means that mobile app development is also becoming indispensable in many industries.
What is mobile app
A mobile application is software designed specifically for smart phones, tablets and other portable devices. During the development, we strive to make the most of intuitive user interface possibilities and touch control elements offered by mobile devices so that the resulting app is user-friendly and easy to navigate. Mobile app development is divided into several stages that include a pre-analysis, UX (user experience) design, UI (user interface) design, the actual development and final testing.
We like original ideas, are not afraid of programming challenges and don’t mind sitting at our computers late into the night. We will be happy to help you develop your mobile app and give you some tips on how to make profit with it.
If you’re wondering how much it’s going to cost, please read our blog article on mobile app development prices.
Types of Mobile app development
Your new mobile app can run on different operation systems. Our approach to development depends on your preferences.
Android + iOS + HarmonyOS + Smart Watch + TV
Get a universal solution for multiple operation systems in one go. For the mobile app development, we use React Native, and the source code can then be transferred to iOS, Android and HarmonyOS as well as to smart watches, TVs, or web apps. All can be easily connected with your smart home using IoT.
Each platform uses the same, reliable foundation that can be customised depending on your needs. An ideal way of saving money and getting exactly what you want. Suitable also for more complex, “mobile first” projects.
We have a specialized developer team for each operation system (one for Android and one for iOS) – this ensures that developers working on the respective app can capitalize on their expertise in the given field and are familiar with the specifics of the relevant technology. Your mobile apps are developed separately for individual platforms, without the need for any extensions or third-party services.
Native development is best suited to complex projects with large budgets or projects designed for one platform only.
Android + Smart Watch + TV
The most widely used operating system with the largest user base requires, above all, careful testing. This allows us to achieve the most precise result.
iOS + Smart Watch + TV
Fans of the delicious apple will surely be delighted by our offer. Throughout the development of your app, we pay close attention to elegant design, intuitive user interface and to every little detail.
Do you need your software to run both on mobile devices and as a web app? With hybrid development this is not a problem anymore! The React Native for Web technology and “mobile first” approach allow us to design a mobile app first and subsequently create a web app with all the characteristics of a standard website layout based on it. Apart from being faster, this solution also saves you money: Instead of three different codes for three different platforms, it is enough to write just one code.
Mobile app from web (WebView)
Web + PWA + Android + iOS
Do you have a majority of customers coming to your website from mobile devices? We’ll meet their needs by implementing your website in a mobile application, which will also handle the features a website can’t.
Are you looking for a mobile app development partner?
Would you like to streamline and simplify everyday work processes but don’t know how powerful a smartly designed software can be? Or are you going to launch a mobile app that should gain worldwide popularity?
Together we can achieve either of these goals. Despite being IT professionals, we speak everyday “human” language so why not meet over a cup of coffee?
Types of mobile apps
- Mobile apps for virtual/augmented reality (VR/AR) simulate an environment where users can play games, learn new stuff, practice various skills etc. A VR mobile app needs to be connected to a special headset (glasses), such as via Bluetooth. AR apps require nothing more than just the mobile device itself.
- Kiosk apps are designed for use in closed environments. Users cannot do any interactions outside the software. As an example, we can mention cash register systems running on tablets (e.g. Simple Store).
- Apps for tablets share all the characteristics of mobile apps (they are designed for portable devices, offer intuitive control, collaborate with features such as GPS etc.). The only difference is that they are optimised for tablet layout.
- Mobile games hardly need introducing. This is the biggest and most popular group of mobile apps that brings their developers the biggest profit. They include both the most basic of games, such as tic-tac-toe or pairs, and sophisticated 3D shooting games with top-class graphics. You can read more about the development of this type of mobile apps in our case study.
- Standard mobile apps include all other types of apps that cannot be easily subsumed under any of the above categories. These can be apps for mobile banking, looking up transport connections, weather forecast, car navigation etc.
- Communication apps enable chatting, messaging or file sharing. The best-known examples are Messenger, Whatsapp, Skype, Telegram, Signal or Viber.
- Content apps provide users with access to certain content. As a few examples, we can mention search engines, videolibraries, digital galleries, learning apps (languages) etc. For more information about content apps see our case study.
- Sales presentation mobile apps promote a certain brand, company, event etc. They can also be used as a product catalogue for sales representatives.
- Apps with payments allow users to make in-app purchases, subscribe to services and much more. A good example are gaming apps where users can buy characters, better gear, upgrade skills etc. However, in-app purchases also enable users to unlock premium content, pay for digital products or get access to new features.
- Apps with monetization are designed to generate profit. There are multiple ways of achieving this. For instance, it is possible to charge for downloads, place ads (and offer an ad-free paid version at the same time) or monetize access to premium features.
Classification of mobile apps according to scope
- Clickable prototype consisting of app designs comes into play when developers want to visualise the app’s user interface. Unlike static wireframes or mock-ups, a clickable prototype can display various app states (such as when the user opens a dropdown menu or expands hidden additional information). It’s up to the client which features are to be retained and which are to be removed. The developers get feedback and a better idea of the target product.
- MVP or minimum viable product is an early version of the system with a limited number of features for first users. The goal of an MVP is to get feedback for the purposes of further development. This method allows for efficient testing of a mobile app concept without wasting time by adding features that might not actually be used in the end.
- Full-fledged mobile app with a pre-specified scope is – right from the outset – clearly defined in terms of features, audience and scope. The client has a clear idea of what the app should do and who is most likely to download it, which makes things easier for us.
- Full-fledged mobile app with a web version and optional administration differs from the previous point in that the client further demands a web version and administration for their app.
- Management of an existing mobile app is also included in our offer – if you already have a finished mobile app, we can develop further features and help with its management.
Platforms and operation systems we support
We cover a wide range of platforms and operation systems. Your app can be fitted for various devices and platforms. It doesn’t really matter if you aim at Android, Apple, or HarmonyOS by Huawei.
|Device||Platform||Programming language (native development)||Programming language (multiplatform development)|
|Watches||Wear OS||Kotlin||React Native|
Why choose us as your mobile app development partner
- We have no problem developing smaller mobile apps (Korkuma) as well as mobile games (Exitovky) or large apps including a web version, such as the Simple Store system.
- We have rich experience with cross-platform development (React Native). Do you need to develop an app for all three mobile platforms? Save money with us! We can develop mobile apps for other platforms too so if you want to expand further, we are the right choice!
- We have been involved in a couple of international projects. You can rely on us even if you aim really high.
- You don’t have to wait months before we are available. In most cases, we can start working on your project within one month.
- We use real devices for testing, and you can specify which of them are to be supported.
We always conduct extensive analysis before we start working to avoid any problems during the development.
- We offer full service – from analysis, UX, design and development to deployment and app management. We can help with marketing as well.
Mobile apps we have developed
Multiplatform mobile application
The mobile app Exitovky encourages users to play outdoor exit games. Its functions include, amongst others, a multiplayer solution for various devices or testing of GPS location with an accuracy of meters.
Hybrid solution for mobile and web application
Get a free drink with Freely every day! The app is equipped with both a web-based and a mobile component. The web app tells you all about the bars, while the mobile app guarantees a smooth performance on both Android and iOS devices. To make things even more interesting the app has a nightlife design.
Cross-platform mobile app
The mobile app Youth Time, developed for the company of the same name, allows users to discuss articles, share their ideas, opinions and knowledge.
Multiplatform mobile application
Korkuma for Streamers is one of the tools they can use to sell their products or services. The application contains both live stream and chat, which is used to connect with your fans.
Multiplatform mobile application
Máme Chuť motivates its users to eat out by offering attractive awards for collecting receipts from selected restaurants all over the Czech Republic and Slovakia. The app is available for Android and iOS.
Cross-platform mobile app
Using the mobile app Dobročinnka, people can easily donate money to selected charitable projects. The donated amount is automatically redistributed.
Hybrid mobile and web app
The app JsmeSousedé is a platform to offer and demand all kinds of services – from assistance with moving and lending of tools to household clean-ups.
Hybrid solution for mobile and web application
Reliable and simple sales system supporting ERS (Electronic Register of Sales). Simple Store is a system designed for management of the entire store including stacks. It’s available on all mobile devices including the web app.
Do you want to be next?
Leave us a message or give us a call.
We will advise you about which technology we can use and together we will start the application.
Why you should read stats regarding usage share of mobile platforms
Let’s now have a look at the market shares of the individual versions of both systems. In September 2021, the then newest version of Android 11 outperformed the previous version 10. Within the period from its market introduction in March 2021 to February 2022, Android 11 reached a market share of 37 %, whereas Android 10 dropped from 42 % do 24 % in the same period. The third most widespread version of this operating system is Android 9 Pie, whose market share dropped in the aforementioned period from 20 % to 12 %. Older versions with negligible market shares can already be ignored.
What do these figures tells you
What do all these stats tell you as our potential client? It’s simple: We believe that support for Android makes sense for the version 8 and higher, but we can also offer support for older versions for an extra charge. As for iOS, we consider its support worthwhile from the version 14 and higher, but upon request we may provide support for earlier versions for an extra fee.
Please keep in mind that the usage share of the given mobile operating system is not the only decisive criterion. While Android certainly dominates the global market, apps for iOS generate higher profit according to stats (in 2021, 63 % of earnings coming from apps were generated by iOS apps). There are other criteria besides the operating system, such as resolution and device type (mobile vs. tablet). Typically, we don’t optimise apps for tablets, but this service is available upon request.
If you want to make sure not to miss any important information on publishing apps on Google Play and App Store, please read our blog article that deals with this topic in detail. You will learn about the differences in demands for apps, fees that are to be reckoned with or how to configure metadata.
Before we get on with your mobile app, we need to identify the platforms we are going to target. To give you a better idea, we have compared two most widely used mobile operating systems for you.
The most frequently used mobile operating system worldwide is Android with a global market share of 70 %, followed by iOS with a market share of 28 %. Figures for the Czech Republic are roughly the same (Android being even more popular with the market share of 74 %, followed by iOS at 26 %). Speaking of Europe as a whole, the ratio is slightly more favourable for iOS than in previous cases (nearly 35% market share).
The comparison with the competing system iOS shows that the latter platform has far more frequent updates. For example, the market share of iOS 14.6 and iOS 14.7 dropped within four months by more than 50 %. A similar tendency can be seen with the 15.1 version, which was the most widely used version on the market in the early 2022, but now is some 20 % below the currently most used version iOS 15.2 (32 %).
We intentionally left out the HarmonyOS system, whose current market share is still too small. However, experts (including us) predict that this could change this year. Therefore, we offer support even for this rapidly emerging mobile operating system that could possibly spread out in near future.
Mobile apps FAQs
How long does it take to develop a mobile app?
How expensive is mobile app development?
How do you document the code?
How will the app be handed over to me?
Who will take care of my project?
Can my app support multiple languages?
What does the mobile app development include?
How do you assure the code quality, safety and other important features?
Can I have a look at the current version of my app during the development?
Can I do with my app what I want? Can I even sell it to someone else?
Can I change my requirements throughout the development?
What kind of support do you offer after the development?
What is required to deploy my app on store platforms?
I need both a mobile and a web app. Is there a way of saving money on development?
Do you offer guarantee for your software?
Do you support tablets as well?
Do you support the dark mode?
Can you provide app designs?
Which technologies do you use for development?
What work needs to be done after the app is finished?
How do I pay for the development of my mobile app?
Why is it not possible to support all Android mobile phones?
What is the difference between development in React Native and native development of mobile apps?
How long does it take to deploy my app on store platforms?
Do you support both the portrait and landscape mode?
Are apps made in React Native slower than those created using native development?
Is it possible to take over an already started/finished project and develop it further?
What will the administration of my mobile app look like?
Our articles on mobile apps